Wednesday, 13 February 2008

In the beginning....

I grew up on a steady diet of fairytales and action movies. The good guys were righteous and the bad guys had beards. Life was simple, everyone knew the rules. Moral ambiguity amongst my role models was low and there weren't a lot of grey areas, so imagine my shock when I packed my bags and headed out into the real world. A world where the bastion of all that was good in my movie childhood, the President of the United States, is a "reformed" alcoholic and drug addict. A man who so obviously paid his way into the top job and who is such a puppet, sometimes you can see the strings! In the world I knew, this would be impossible. In the world that I lived in, no one would be letting power hungry (democratically elected) despots like Hugo Chavez and Vladimir Putin get away with these blatant attempts at placing themselves in charge for life. They would find out what their secret plans were, i.e; smuggling cocaine filled bananas through South America or the traditional buying of a suitcase bomb, and send a suitable hero in to bring them to justice!
Alas, the world does not operate the way Disney, Arnie, Sly, et al, would have had me believe. So this blog is dedicated to bringing to your attention world events that I feel are an abuse of power and an act of evil. Sometimes, I'll get it wrong. Sometimes, I'll make it up a little bit, but I'll always fight the good fight.

No comments: